Re: looks like a synchronization problem

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 10:39:23AM +0100, Marco Lettere wrote:
> I'm trying to create a full screen window.
> I create and show a new toplevel setting the size to screen size and
> disabling decorations (gdk_window_set_decoration()). But this happens to
> work only "sometimes".
> For example the first creation of the window doesn't make it to go
> fullscreen (border, title and controls of the window are still visible)
> but the second does and so on and this seems to be completely random!
> Since it looks like a synch problem, my question is this: it is necessary
> to do some synchronization emang my app, X, WM ... or is this another
> problem?

Most window managers get confused if you change whether they have
decorations while the window is showing. You could hide the window,
then disable decorations, then reshow it.

For fullscreen though ideally you would use GTK 2.2 and
gtk_window_fullscreen(); that's the only method that will work with
GNOME 2.2 for example.

Havoc