Re: Package gdk was not found in the pkg-config search path

On 12 Feb 2003 20:34:18 -0800
Neil Hodge <neh attbi com> wrote:

> Tom:
>
> On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 20:19, TomF wrote:
> > I get the same response from rpm -qa | grep gdk.  What else might be
> > wrong?  Do you get imlib on the list but no error message?
> >

> Sorry, my response was a bit hasty.  I do get the same result as you.
> So, the first question should be:
>
> What problem are you having that would cause you to run
>
> pkg-config --list-all
>
> i.e., what error message are you getting or what other problem are you
> having?

No error.  I am getting ready to start porting gnucash from gnome1 to
gnome2, and the porting guide,
http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/porting/ar01s05.html, recommended
executing pkg-config.  I wanted to verify that I had a clean
installation of gnome2 before I started.

> FYI, I just installed gtk+-2.2.1, and the following does work (I
> checked:) ):
>
> [root zeus root]# pkg-config --modversion gdk-2.0
> 2.2.1
>
> Neil

pkg-config --modversion gdk-2.0 returned 2.0.6 on my system.  What does
this mean?  I would rather not upgrade, since we don't want to require a
later version of gnome2 than that shipped with Redhat 8.0, unless
necessary.

Tom