Re: Avoid Memory Leakage

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 19:06:44 -0700
Michael Torrie <torriem chem byu edu> wrote:

> I've been using GString extensively in a non-gui project of mine and
> have absolutely no leakage whatsoever.  That's even running the main
> loop over and over millions of times.  I'm almost certain there's a
> problem with your program.  For example, when you destroy a string,
> you have to tell it to destroy the memory allocated to the character
> array. I've been using GString in conjunction with GSList's and have
> no problems whatsoever.  In fact it has worked so well that I think
> the utility functions in glib should be considered standard c library
> functions.

I will try to make a text case later, guess the leak occurs only in
conjunction with the GIOChannels. I don't use any GStrings in my
project, except the GString buffer from the GIOChannels. Closing the
channel und flushing the buffer should be enough to free all
allocated memory, isn't it?

Actually i tried GStrings in a standalone test and i it worked without
any leakage.

Christoph

--
Every feature is a bug, unless it can be disabled.

GnuPG Public Key http://prime.zapto.org/~unexist/unexist.asc