RE: Avoid Memory Leakage

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 16:43, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > I am using gtk+ 2.2.4, so it should be the last stable
> > release. Every time when i use any GString / function i get leakage.
>
> Then try to make a small test case for bugzilla.

I would be interested to see such as test case.

I've been using GString extensively in a non-gui project of mine and
have absolutely no leakage whatsoever.  That's even running the main
loop over and over millions of times.  I'm almost certain there's a
problem with your program.  For example, when you destroy a string, you
have to tell it to destroy the memory allocated to the character array.
I've been using GString in conjunction with GSList's and have no
problems whatsoever.  In fact it has worked so well that I think the
utility functions in glib should be considered standard c library
functions.

Michael