Re: Images in PHP GTK /

At Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 02:10:58PM -0300, decio.osiris wrote:
> 3. Lastly, in web designing, we use transparent images
> to lock the size of boxes and tables so we can create
> our deisng acordingly. Tn PHP GTK, is there any way to
> do anything like that? Locking the tables or spaces so
> the design we create looks always the same?

I can't answer the rest of your questions, but for this one: no, that's
considered harmful. Translations, themes, user configuration (font faces
and sizes), and probably more variables affect the size of text to be
laid out. It's probably possible with an image-only design, but that's
not as generally useful.

For something to be printed, you should probably consider using an
actual page description language like PostScript or possibly TeX (which
I am not so familiar with).

--
Chad Daelhousen
My opinions are my own, until UB purchases my soul.