Re: how to tell compiler to look for GTK library

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 20:49, stan huang wrote:
>  GTK1.2 is installed and it's in the right place:
> /usr/include/gtk1.2, but when I tried to compile it,
> gcc couldn't find such file or directory, then I tried
> to hash include the entire directory the gcc still
> couldn't find the file, do I
> still need to do something to make sure gcc knows
> where the library is?

A quick check on my system (RH9) shows the directory as

/usr/include/gtk-1.2  (note the dash between gtk and 1.2).

Check man ldconfig to see if /usr/include is in our load path (I don't
see how it couldn't, but ...), and maybe add /usr/include/gtk-1.2 to the
/etc/ld.so.conf file as well.  Or, try addint /usr/include/gtk-1.2 to
your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

HTH,
--

--Jeff

Jeff Trefftzs <trefftzs tcsn net>