Re: GTK extraordinary slow

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 17:07, Valdis Kletnieks vt edu wrote:
> You might want to try some *small* gtk-based application (such as the
> xscreensaver-demo program or similar) and see if it exhibits the problem as well.

Resizing xscreensaver is also not very fast (mentioned that it is really
a very small GTK-based app) but this time it does heavily load the X
server.

I have to mention that I had (?) problem with X to constantly load the
CPU by 10-30% but actually I do not have this problem anymore most of
the time X utilizes very few CPU time and sometimes 10-20% but in these
cases X will (hopefully) have good reasons to do so...

I definitely do not have this problem with Qt - Qt applications are
quite fast (well, not as fast as Windows on the same machine, but fast
enough).