Re: GTK and menu bars question

I feared that would be the case, seeing as how it
would require a menu server of sorts. But based on the
architecture i wasn't sure if it is possible to add
some sort of hook inbetween the menu display process
that reroutes it to a shared menubar process.

I do a lot of work with usability, and the shared
menubar is far more usable in terms of accessability,
ease of use, and speed (even for power users).  It's
really the only reason i use KDE/Qt apps.  However
dispite that, I love the GTK widgets and themes more
-- it is a much much cleaner interface without the
liscensing entrenchments of Qt.

Oh well I can always dream.  Maybe I can tack the
shared gtk menubar onto my list, with a native mac
port of gtk high up on it too :)