GtkListStore: Different Renderer for Each Cell?

Hi,

  I'm trying to use a GtkListStore to create a simple spread sheet
like program.  I wish to render different cells in different ways.
However, it appears that 'renderers' are added on a per column basis
using:

gtk_tree_view_column_new_with_attributes()

How can I add a unique Renderer to each cell?  (Is this the best way
to do it?)

For example, I would like some cells to be "highlighted" and others to
be non-editable, etc.

One last question, how can I separate the columns and/or rows and/or
cells with lines (or just different colors).  I saw something in the
docs about "hinting" that each row be drawn in an alternating color,
but I couldn't figure out how to do that or even if it would work for
the List Store.

  Thanks,
         Dav

- J. Davison de St. Germain         dav cs utah edu    (801) 581-4078 -
- Chief Software Engineer           http://www.cs.utah.edu/~dav       -
- SCI Institute, SE C-SAFE          University of Utah                -