Garbage data on changing Mouse cursor shapes

Hi,
I am working on Gtk+ 1.2 version to change cursor shapes such as A and B by mouse clicking.
So, I drawed two xpm files for A shapre and B shape each.

I used function  gdk_cursor_new_from_pixmap().
If I use just one without repeating this function usages I do not have any gargabe on the cursor shape. That is, If I click mouse to change the cursor shape from shape A to shape B, I have a messed up cursor picture.
I think I need to clean before change to another cursor shape.

Are there anyway to clean cursor data space?

Thanks,
bkna.