Adding nodes and connectors

Hi, I want to draw a line to link up 2 buttons. As I understand, I may need to add a node in each of the 2 buttons and then a "connector" (which is actually a line) to link up the 2 nodes. Can someone tell me how to add "nodes" and "connectors"? Also, do these nodes and connectors have to be added on a canvas? That may be a problem cos my buttons are not on the canvas. Does it mean I have to somehow put the buttons on a canvas? and if so, how should I go about do it?
Thank you for your attention!
William

Take a break! Find destinations on MSN Travel. http://www.msn.com.sg/travel/