Re: creating hypertext documents

Thanks for a detailed reply.

In fact, I was working on GTK 1.2 and all other
programs are on GTK 1.2 I was thinking how to approach
this problem in GTK 1.2. I was thinking of writing my
own widget. But I am not sure, how to get the
functionality of detecting that the mouse is hoveing
over a link. If I use a Text widget how do I detect
mouse movement on a particular word (or link). Do I
have to check the mouse pointer every milisecond or
something. Or is their technique when the system can
inform me. I know if there is widget present and the
mouse hovers over it, the system informs me through
motion_notify_event. But can I place a widget along
with text contents in a text widget. or do I have to
look for some other technique.

Thanks.
shiraz