Re: GtkCombo deprecation

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 04:28:23PM -0700, Ian King [ES] wrote:

> Is the GtkCombo widget to be deprecated in Gtk+2.x, the reason I say this is
> that I need pixmap functionality for the items in a GtkCombo but it appears
> that you need GtkList and GtkListItem to achieve this, both of which are
> deprecated.

GtkCombo isn't deprecated in 2.2 but we expect to have a replacement
for it in 2.4 and it will be deprecated then.

Basically go ahead and use it for now, there's no other widget for
that. (Unless your combo isn't editable, in which case you should be
using GtkOptionMenu. GtkOptionMenu will also be deprecated in favor
for the new 2.4 widget but GtkOptionMenu is a much better-implemented
widget and also the right UI for noneditable sets of choices.)

Havoc