Finding descriptions of gnome1 entities changed for gnome2

I am porting gnucash from gnome1 to gnome2.  Whenever I find a gnome1
entity that does not exist in gnome2, I need to determine if there is a
corresponding gnome2 entity, and, if so, find it.

For example, I am currently looking for the gnome2 equivalent of
GtkHTMLEmbedded.

"find /usr/include/* -name \*.h -print | xargs grep GtkHTMLEmbedded"
finds references in /usr/include/gtkhtml/gtkhtml-embedded.h.

gtkhtml-embedded.h does not exist in /usr/include/gtkhtml-2.0, but
/usr/include/gtkhtml-2.0/libgtkhtml/layout/html/htmlembedded.h
and /usr/include/gtkhtml/htmlembedded.h exist.

Should I be looking for gnome1 functions that use this type, and
trying to find gnome2 equivalents of those functions? I spent all
morning, but I could not find anything that looked useful when I tried
locally on my RH8 system, with Google, with GNOME Cross-Reference, with
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-changes-2-0.html,
with http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/porting/

I think that there must be something basically wrong with my search
technique.  What should I do to find a gnome2 equivalent of a gnome1
variable when I can't even find a good example of a function that uses
that variable?  Is there some systematic way to go about this search?