Differences in DrawingArea and GtkGLArea widget.......

Hi all,

    I am developing a GUI for molecular viewer software with GTK. I want to
know about differences between Drawing Area widget and GtkGLArea widget and
advantages of using GtkGLArea. Please let me know about this with regards to
the mapping the Cosmo3D window on Drawing area or gtkglarea widget for
rendering the molecular graphics on the window.

Thanking you in Advance.

Regards
Rahul Karurkar

Disclaimer