Re: [SOLUTION]: Begin with GTK.

--- Jose Luis Alarcon <jlalarcon tiggerfan com> wrote:
>  Hi list.
>
>  I want to become a GTK development newbie. My Operating System is Debian, and i was doing
>'apt-get install gtk-1.2'. The Debian' s dependencies system gave me the rest of packages needed
>for work with the tookit (i supose it, at least). But when i try to compile this example program:
>
>/* Ejemplo basico de uso de la libreria grafica GTK.
>   Descargado desde http://www.linuxlots.com/~barreiro/spanish/gtk/gtk_tut_12/gtk_tut_12.es.html */
>
>#include <gtk/gtk.h>
>
>int main(int argc, char *argv[])
>{
>    GtkWidget *ventana;
>
>    gtk_init(&argc, &argv);
>
>    ventana = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
>    gtk_widget_show(ventana);
>
>    gtk_main();
>
>    return 0;
>}
>
>taked from a online tutorial, with the command:
>
># gcc -o gtk_example gtk_example.c 'gtk-config --cflags --libs'
>
>taked from the same tutorial, the output is: 'gtk-config --cflags --libs': file not found
>
>  If i try the next command, thinked by me:
>
># gcc-lgtk -o gtk_example gtk_example.c
>
>the output is a very long list of 'parse error before...........'
>
>  What things do you think i need for compile the example program?.
>
>  Thanks you very much, in advance.
>
>  Jose.

  Hey guys.

  I got the solucion in the list archives:

  When i change the command:

     gcc -o gtk_example gtk_example.c 'gtk-config --cflags --libs'

and i try:

     gcc -o gtk_example gtk_example.c `gtk-config --cflags --libs`

the compilation is perfect, and i have now my first gtk window

  There was only a question of confusion beetween " ' " and " ` ".

  Thanks.

  Regards.

  Jose.

Debian GNU/Linux 'Sid' Kernel 2.4.17 Ext3.
ESware Linux 365 Kernel 2.4.17 ReiserFS.
Registered Linux User #213309.
Memories..... You are talking about memories.
Rick Deckard. Blade Runner.

Get your own free tiggerfan.com email address!!
DisneySites!! - http://www.disneysites.com/webmail/tiggerfan

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you yourchoice com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag