Begin with GTK.

  Hi list.

  I want to become a GTK development newbie. My Operating System is Debian, and i was doing
'apt-get install gtk-1.2'. The Debian' s dependencies system gave me the rest of packages needed
for work with the tookit (i supose it, at least). But when i try to compile this example program:

/* Ejemplo basico de uso de la libreria grafica GTK.
   Descargado desde http://www.linuxlots.com/~barreiro/spanish/gtk/gtk_tut_12/gtk_tut_12.es.html */

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    GtkWidget *ventana;

    gtk_init(&argc, &argv);

    ventana = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
    gtk_widget_show(ventana);

    gtk_main();

    return 0;
}

taked from a online tutorial, with the command:

# gcc -o gtk_example gtk_example.c 'gtk-config --cflags --libs'

taked from the same tutorial, the output is: 'gtk-config --cflags --libs': file not found

  If i try the next command, thinked by me:

# gcc-lgtk -o gtk_example gtk_example.c

the output is a very long list of 'parse error before...........'

  What things do you think i need for compile the example program?.

  Thanks you very much, in advance.

  Jose.

Debian GNU/Linux 'Sid' Kernel 2.4.17 Ext3.
ESware Linux 365 Kernel 2.4.17 ReiserFS.
Registered Linux User #213309.
Memories..... You are talking about memories.
Rick Deckard. Blade Runner.

Get your own free tiggerfan.com email address!!
DisneySites!! - http://www.disneysites.com/webmail/tiggerfan

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you yourchoice com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag