Re: Display of Windows bitmap with gdk_draw_rgb_image()

Hi,

Joerg Vogler <vogler panasonic de> writes:

> I found out that the reason is the byte order of each 24 bit pixel is
> different. In MS Windows bitmap it's blue, green, red (LSB first); in
> gdk_draw_rgb_image() it's red, green, blue (MSB first).

since you are talking about 24bit packed pixels it doesn't make much
sense to speak about byte order here. GdkRGB simply expects a RGB
buffer, independent of the host byte order.

> Is there any possibility to configure GDK so that it accepts 24bpp
> bitmaps with LSB first ?

you might get away with tricking GdkRGB to believe that the byteorder
of your screen is different than it really is by fiddling with the
private members of the GdkVisual but don't tell anyone that I even
mentioned that this might work...

Salut, Sven