Display of Windows bitmap with gdk_draw_rgb_image()

I'd like to display a true color MS Windows bitmap (24bpp) using
gdk_draw_rgb_image(). In principle this works fine but the colors seem to be
mixed up.

I found out that the reason is the byte order of each 24 bit pixel is
different. In MS Windows bitmap it's blue, green, red (LSB first); in
gdk_draw_rgb_image() it's red, green, blue (MSB first).

Of course I could run a loop over all pixels and swap the bytes. But I seek
for a more efficient solution.

Is there any possibility to configure GDK so that it accepts 24bpp bitmaps
with LSB first ?

Regards,
Joerg