installing GTK in cygwin

This may seem like a basic question, but i am at my wits end trying to
install GTK+ in the cygwin environment. I had used GTK under linux but have
changed over to cygwin. I can install pkg-config and configure glib but can
not MAKE glib. Multiple errors in the make file in the gobject directory.
Just needed to check - is installing the latest glib-2.0.6 under the cygwin
environment feasible or are special patches needed?
Thx
Ed