Re: gtk+-2.0.6 not compiling

"Amir 'CG' Caspi" <cepheid socrates Berkeley EDU> writes:

> > the bug report (#81232) this should ultimately be fixed there rather
> > than worked around in the code.
>
> Yeah, so I guess we'll just have to wait for the developers to do it.  I
> guess what I'm wondering is how THEY will fix it - with a wrapper
> function, or is there something easier?

The only change I'd consider making is using a patched version
of libtool for the GTK+ distribution with the fix noted in the bug
report until it is fixed in a libtool release.

The GTK+ source code is correct, so adding something like a
wrapper function isn't acceptable. (*)

Regards,
                                        Owen

(*) Note also that it would be a binary-incompatible change,
    which means we couldn't do it for the forseeable future
    anyways.