Re: gtk+-2.0.6 not compiling

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Richard Warren wrote:

> It is actually there (#81232) although it was tricky to find - see

Yeah, definitely tricky. =)
	Indeed, I made the change you recommended (removing the "const"
keywords), and that part now links just fine.  BUT I got yet another
linker error, this time on a different test program and on symbol
"gtk_text_unknown_char_utf8."  Turns out this is also a const in
gtktexttypes.h/.c ... and running 'nm' on the libraries shows it's local
(just like the previous problem-causing symbols).
	I removed the 'const' keyword on that one and it fixed that one,
too.  *NOW* it finally finished building!  Should this other unreferenced
symbol be reported in bugzilla, too?

I wonder, would putting an extern keyword someplace help, rather than
de-consting?  Except you can't have an extern const, can you...

There are so many warnings from gcc and ld that I'm wondering how this
release counts as "stable." =)

Thanks for the help!

						--- Amir