Re: Still can't configure GTK for Gimp...

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:41:47 PDT, Paul Thomas <paul cuenet com>  said:

> config.log gives:
>
> configure:13753: checking for jpeg_destroy_decompress in -ljpeg

OK... So we're alledgedly checking in libjpeg...

> configure:13753: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall   conftest.c
> -I/usr/local/lib   -l
> iconv -lintl -liconv >&5

But there's no -ljpeg in the actual gcc command.   Something's on
some *really* serious crack here.  I have to congratulate you - I've
seen lots of cases where the library wasn't installed, or was installed
in the wrong directory, or where ldconfig hadn't been run, but this
is the first time I've seem the "-l" flag missing entirely.

Did you create a './configure' yourself using autoconf?  If so, the place
to start looking would be a busticated install of autoconf and friends
(I can't say for sure - first guess would be a failure to run aclocal).
If it's the ./configure from a distribution tarball, it may be
time to find the bell, the book, and the candles.. ;)
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer