adress widget in a box

hi,
when I pack some widgets into a box (let's say two combo_widgets into a hbox), and when I only have the address of the hbox, is there a way to find out the addresses...of the two combo-Widgets.

Or when there is the address of a window, is it possible to find out all what is packed into it and finally work with them? And if yes, how would this be possible? Is there finally a big structure in the memory in a GTK program, with other structures inside (widget), and therefore everything to find out in some way when only the main container is known?

greetings and thanks
calmar