Re: GTK 1.x or 2.x?

Hi,

I think that GTK2 is in nature a good thing to happen because it solves
many imporatnt things. Especially I like the UTF-8 support and framebuffer
support is a great plus!

I'm thinking that it would be disaster when some day people will say GTK3
is coming out. As I saw this time the development of GTK based
applications has been stopped already about half a year. People are
migrating from GTK1 to GTK2 and they have no resources to develop new
features into theyr nice and stable applications. They have to mostly
rewrite theyr code. I for instance felt that it has no meaning to develop
GTK1 app because many nice features have been DEPRECATED and GTK2 is not
stable yet. But this was my problem of course. As I saw many people had
felt at the same way.

Best Reagrds ...

      Peeter Vois
http://my.tele2.ee/vois