Re: Cursor for gtkentry

"Ian King [ES]" <king eiffel com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to change the cursor for a GtkEntry widget,  for an
> application I have I need to display a wait cursor while background
> processing commences, however when the mouse pointer is hovering over the
> text entry the cursor changes to the caret cursor even though I have
> explicitly set it beforehand to an hourglass cursor.

You should be able to (though it isn't really officially allowed) set
the cursor on a GtkEntry by using gdk_window_set_cursor() on
entry->text_area.

Note that the entry must be realized before you can do this.

You might want to file a bug on bugzilla.gnome.org asking for an
API addition in tihs area.

Regards,
                                        Owen