Re: Problems with compiling Pango 1.0.4

Owen Taylor wrote:

You don't have the freetype and XFree86 header files installed. (Pango-1.0.5
will produce a better error messsage in this situation.)

Regards,
                                       Owen

Thanks; now Pango will be compiled but there is another Problem with XFree86
When I start the configure-script i get the following Error / Warning:
                      checking for X ... no
                      configure: WARNING x development libraries not found.
The Programm Pango always compiled without any error by the command "make install"
My Question:
Where can i get the developement libraries or what is the path to this lib, because when I run the configure - script of the gtk+ with the compiled pango-1.0.4 i get the following error:
                      pangox PANGO backend is required for X11 target
and the configure script stops. :-[

Regards,
        Hartmut