Urgent help on GValue

Hello, probally for many people this is a stupid
question but i can't understand the way to get the
cursor position in a selectable label (under gtk-2.0).
I use the g_object_get_property(G_OBJECT(mylabel),
"cursor_pos", &mygvalue);
in the focus-in event but don't work. I think
that don't work because i have bad init the GValue.
Really i don't understand how to init a new GValue.
The code that i use is this:

GValue mygvalue;
GType  mytype;

memset(&mygvalue,0,sizeof(GValue));
G_TYPE_MAKE_FUNDAMENTAL(mytype);
g_value_init(&mygvalue,&mytype);

but i think this is not good.
Some one can help me ? How code i have to use ?

Thanks
      dr hammer

Mio Yahoo!: personalizza Yahoo! come piace a te
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.my.yahoo.com/