Re: gtkfb and debian-installer

Hi,

Michael Cardenas <mbc debian org> writes:

> > what about using gtk+-directfb ?
>
> Does gtk+-directfb support as many graphics cards as gtkfb does/did?

yes, it only needs a working frame buffer device just like linux-fb.
Well, actually it even works w/o a frame buffer device thru SDL.
This is a neat feature for the application developer since it allows
to run and debug the application in your X11 development environment.

> I'll pick it up and give it a try.  Are you the only person
> maintaining it?

yes, more or less.

> Hmm... It seems that even when I configure pango as
> --with-included-modules=basic-ft2, I still get this compile error:

why are you linking against X11? You should add --without-x to your
configure parameters. Don't know if this will solve your problem but
I'm sure however that it is possible to create static gtk+-2.0
binaries. We are doing this all day long here at convergence.

Salut, Sven