Re: gtkfb and debian-installer

Hi,

Michael Cardenas <mbc debian org> writes:

> I am trying to make udebs of gtkfb for the debian-installer, because I
> have written a gtk frontend for d-i, which will require gtk, and the
> debian-installer team thinks that gtkfb will be the best solution.

what about using gtk+-directfb ?

> I have been following this whitepaper to make gtkfb:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/devnet/articles/gtkfb-whitepaper/size.html
>
> Apparently, gtkfb requires special compile options for glib, pango,
> and gtk. I have a mostly working udeb for glib, but the pango compile
> is giving me some problems. Specifically, I have added these configure
> compile line:

I don't think you want to include all pango modules, especially not
the X, Xft and FT2 modules at the same time. As you have noticed, this
doesn't work. Instead choose the ft2 modules you need. This depends on
the languages you need to support. For the beginning, the basic-ft2
module should be good enough.

Salut, Sven