problem compiling

Hi guys,

I'm trying to compile 2 programs.
But Compiler returns errors like this:

interface.c:284: `vbox_tot' undeclared (first use in this
function)

I look at 284 row and I see:
GtkWidget * vbox_tot = ....

and so vbox_tot is declared.
vbox_tot is not declared at start of a function, but in the middle of it.
Why my compiler returns this error? Missing any library? or Gtk problem?
Do I must move 'GtkWidget *vbox_tot;' at start of function? I know that
for other people, this is not necessary, It compiles...
I use GTK 2.0.8-1.

(sorry for my english)
thx
Francesco

Tiscali ADSL. Scopri la fantastica promozione di Natale: tutto Gratis fino
al 9 gennaio!
Abbonati ora: prima ti abboni, pił risparmi!
http://point.tiscali.it/adsl/index.shtml