RE: can't install gtk2.0 on solaris 2.8

Hi all,

I've got a similar problem compiling pango, since ./configure shows:
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... sh: gnome-config: not found

Below is every step I did.
I compiled pkg-config-0.12.0, and glib-2.0.7 on Solaris using configure:

./configure --prefix=/export/home/jaume/pkg-config
gmake
gmake install

./configure --prefix=/export/home/jaume/glib
gmake
gmake install

I set in .cshrc:
set CPPFLAGS="-I/export/home/jaume/gtk/include"
set LDFLAGS="-L/export/home/jaume/gtk/lib"
set PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/export/home/jaume/gtk/lib/pkgconfig"
set path = (.\
	    /export/home/jaume \
	    /export/home/jaume/glib/bin \
	    /export/home/jaume/pkgconfig/bin \
[...]
set LD_LIBRARY_PATH = (. \
		    /export/home/jaume/glib/lib \
[...]

No problem so far. Then I try to compile pango:

cd /export/home/jaume
mkdir pango
cd pango-1.0.5
./configure --prefix=/export/home/jaume/pango

I get the error message:
[...]
checking for pkg-config... /export/home/jaume/pkgconfig/bin/pkg-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... sh: gnome-config: not found
sh: gnome-config: not found
no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly
installed.
configure: error:
*** Glib 2.0.0 or better is required. The latest version of
*** Glib is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.

I would very much appreciate any help.
Sylvain