right-justify text in entry

Hi,

(GTK+-2.0)
I'm trying to make text (numbers) right-justified in a GtkEntry, but I haven't been able to do it right.
The best I've got until now is to use:
gtk_widget_set_direction (entry, GTK_TEXT_DIR_RTL);
but that is not a good solution, as it is setting the direction the text is entered, which is not quite the same as text justification, and gives a 'strange' cursor behaviour.

Do anyone have a solution or a hint?
I'm willing to make my own widget type, if someone can point me in the right direction to solve the problem.

Best regards
Egon