Problems with gtk+2.0.2

Good day.

I've been through your online FAQ, as well as about 10 others.
After a fairly lengthy process, and lack of documentation, I got everything needed for the GTK+.

Long story short, I can't get anything to compile. It keeps telling me it can't find whatever.h and the list is very long As if it isn't linked correctly.

Please help. If I have by some mysterious way missed whatever documentation helps with this particular problem, I apologize. But a link to such a document would be greatly appreciated. There doesn't seem to be enough "literal" text docs out there for getting things up and running.

http://mail2web.com/ .