Re: Does libglib.a (version 1.2.3) shipped with redhat linux2.2.5-23 has threads enabled?

Dan_Wu 3com com writes:

> Hi,
>
> We need to use the threads enabled glib functions, but we don't know if the version 1.2.3 shipped with
> linux 2.2.5-23 has that feature enabled. Does any one know how to find out? Is there any way to check
>  it without writing a test code?

Hmm, GLib-1.2.3 was in the Red Hat Linux 6.0 GNOME enhancement errata that
was released in July 1999.  It's not remotely current, and I would
strongly suggest not using it as a development base.

(6.2 is the only supported Red Hat Linux 6.x release at this point and
included GLib-1.2.6.  Red Hat Linux 7.3 shipped with GLib-1.2.10 and
GLib-2.0.1.)

You can look at the supplied source RPM to find out how GLib was configured.

> I compiled glib 1.2.3 with the following commands:
>
> configure --enable-threads --with-threads=posix
>
> Just want to know if those options were used when libglib.a was originally compiled by red hat.

 --enable-threads is the GLib default
 --with-threads=posix will be autodectected on Linux

So, while these options were not explicitely supplied; that doesn't matter; the
thread support will be present anyways.

Regards,
                                        Owen