gdk_add_client_message_filter() newbie problem...

Hi all-

I'm using GTK 1.2 and I'm trying to send a signal between two GTK windows and it seems that the way to do it is to use the gdk_event_send_client_message() function to send the message and use gdk_add_client_message_filter() to receive the message.

I'm having a problem in that I send the message, but the filter function set up by gdk_add_client_message_filter() never gets called so I presume that the message is getting lost somewhere...

Here's some code snippet from the sender:

  /* wid = x window ID */
  /* message = data attached to client_event */

  client_event.type = GDK_CLIENT_EVENT;
  client_event.window = NULL;
  client_event.send_event = TRUE;
  client_event.message_type = gdk_atom_intern("_TKSEND_EVENT", FALSE);
  client_event.data_format = 8;
  memcpy(client_event.data.b, &message, 20);

  gdk_event_send_client_message((GdkEvent *) &client_event, wid);

Here's some code snippet from the receiver:

gdk_add_client_message_filter(gdk_atom_intern("_TKSEND_EVENT", FALSE), clientEventCallback, NULL);

I'm not seeing my callback function (clientEventCallback) being called, so I'm assumming that something is broken somewhere. Am I missing anything?

-Robert