[resend] gdk_add_client_message_filter() newbie problem...

Hi all-

Sorry, I used the wrong email address last time, so my post was automatically held up... Also, sorry if you end up getting this message twice.

I'm using GTK 1.2 and I'm trying to send a signal between two GTK windows and it seems that the way to do it is to use the gdk_event_send_client_message() function to send the message and use gdk_add_client_message_filter() to receive the message.

I'm having a problem in that I send the message, but the filter function set up by gdk_add_client_message_filter() never gets called so I presume that the message is getting lost somewhere...

Here's some code snippet from the sender:

  /* wid = x window ID */
  /* message = data attached to client_event */

  client_event.type = GDK_CLIENT_EVENT;
  client_event.window = NULL;
  client_event.send_event = TRUE;
  client_event.message_type = gdk_atom_intern("_TKSEND_EVENT", FALSE);
  client_event.data_format = 8;
  memcpy(client_event.data.b, &message, 20);

  gdk_event_send_client_message((GdkEvent *) &client_event, wid);

Here's some code snippet from the receiver:

gdk_add_client_message_filter(gdk_atom_intern("_TKSEND_EVENT", FALSE), clientEventCallback, NULL);

I'm not seeing my callback function (clientEventCallback) being called, so I'm assumming that something is broken somewhere. Am I missing anything?

-Robert