Re: Want slider/scrollbar AND box to enter value in by hand if de sired - how do this?

Christian Seberino wrote:
>   slider/scrollbars are good to enter values with a MOUSE...
>
>   It will sometimes be nice to just type the number in
>    with a KEYBOARD into some little BOX (whatever this widget is called)
>
>   How do BOTH and what is the name of widget(s) to do this?

You can just put an GtkEntry next to your slider and link up the
callbacks with a little glue code.

I did a compound widget for my app that did this:

http://cima.ng-london.org.uk/~john/tslider.h
http://cima.ng-london.org.uk/~john/tslider.c

it'll need a bit of chopping around.

you can see a few of them here (entry next to slider with no value label)

http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk/vips-7.7/snap.jpg

John

Aelbert Cuyp 13 February - 12 May 2002

For information and tickets: