Gdk-ERROR **: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length erro

I was running my application overnight on three different machines (all
with the same configuration) and one of them crashed with the following
message:

Gdk-ERROR **: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length
erro

I have no idea where to begin; so, I am posting this message hoping that
the error has some kind of "common causes" that would help me narrow my
search.

Thanks for any help,

Lourdes