Help getting pkg-config working - GTK+ 2.0

Hi,

I am having problems getting pkg-config to work.

I tried

pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags --libs

but I got this...

sh: gnome-config: not found
Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found

So I set the environment variable to

setenv PKG_CONFIG_PATH /export/home/pjb/gtk2/gtk+-2.0.0

and tried again.
this time I got this...

sh: gnome-config: not found
Package gdk-x11-2.0-uninstalled was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gdk-x11-2.0-uninstalled.pc'
Package 'gdk-x11-2.0-uninstalled', required by 'GTK+ Uninstalled', not found

I did a find and there is no such file anywhere.

Is the gnome-config message a problem?

I am running on Sparc Solaris 2.7.

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
I installed and configured GTK 1.2 a few months ago without any problems,
but then I guess this *is* a brand-new release :-)

--           Philip J. Bunce, Software Consultant
--     MIPS Assembly, Embedded Systems, PMON, UNIX, & C
--  Ph: 831-659-5684 Fax: 501-325-6812 http://www.carmel.com