Re: GTK 2.0 and egcs 2.91.66 - problem

Olaf FrXczyk <olaf cbk poznan pl> writes:

> On 2002.03.11 17:46:41 +0100 Havoc Pennington wrote:
> >
> > Olaf "Fr±czyk" <olaf cbk poznan pl> writes:
> > >
> > > When I try to compile anything (eg. arrow.c from examples) I get
> > > errors. This is a problem with incorrectly set G_HAVE_ISO_VARARGS. Is
> > > this compiler no longer supported?
> >
> > The configure checks for it are probably wrong; have a look at
> > configure.in and maybe suggest how to fix it for that compiler...
> >
> > Havoc
> >
> Hi,
> It was enough to put in glibconfig.h just after the same thing for 2.95:
> #if __GNUC__ == 2 && __GNUC_MINOR__ == 91
> #  undef G_HAVE_ISO_VARARGS
> #endif
>
> I didn't compile glib/gtk from sources. I just grabbed rpm files (on gtk ftp site are packages for RH 7.2).

Did they install without --nodeps? I'm quite surprised; Red Hat 7.2 is
quiet different from the last release where we shipped egcs (6.2, I
think.)

Basically your problem is that installed headers from GLib are
compiler specific; checks like G_HAVE_ISO_VARARGS are done when compiling
GLib.

You probably will have better luck if you grab the SRPMS and rebuild them
with 'rpm --rebuild'.

Regads,
                                        Owen