RE: strange Seg fault

I'm not sure if this will help, but I'll tell you anyway.

I had a similar problem recently with a program I was writing. I found the
problem to be caused by a call to a function with too few parameters. The
prototype for the function indicated it required 5 parameters but the actual
function call required 6. The compiler didn't pick up on this.

If I had a printf statement in my code anywhere before this function call,
the program ran fine. If I removed the printf, the program would crash. The
point is that the problem had nothing to do with the printf, even though it
seemed to.

I'm sure you'll find the problem.

Regards,

David