Re: Pango and consistent scaling of fonts

Hi,

Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu> writes:

> If Pango can't do this, we will end up having to render the fonts in large
> format and then shrink them by bitmap scaling, a most unsatisfactory
> solution.  I hope somebody can point me at a better way to do it.

you will want to use Pango to do the text layouting and render the
glyphs by hand using FreeType2 at the positions given by Pango. You
can then transform the glyphs using Freetype's transformation API.

This is also basically my plan for GIMP's next generation text tool.

Salut, Sven