Re: Can I use Motif in gtk app?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pascal Ognibene" <pascal ognibene libertysurf fr>
To: "Xavier Zhao" <xavier zhao 163 net>
Cc: <gtk-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 9:55 AM
Subject: Re: Can I use Motif in gtk app?

> Xavier Zhao wrote:
>
> >As you know, Netscape 4.X is written based on Motif. So my plugin is
written
> >based on Motif too. But now Netscape 6.X is written using gtk. My plugin
> >would lead to crash while invoking Motif functions. I don't want to
rewrite
> >my plugin. So is it possible to using Motif in a gtk program. If the
answer
> >is true, than how can I make it? Thanks in advance.
> >
> >Xaiver

hi, Thanks for your quick response. I want to use Motif in my plugin. It's
not a alone application. So I don't know why shall I use IPC to talk with
netscape. The only thing I want to know is if I can use Motif in my plugin
that would be launched by Netscape 6.2.2. I know Xt would be OK. But if I
use Motif, my plugin would crash. Thanks again.

Xavier