TextView/ScrolledWindow problem

Hello.

I have a GtkTextView which I would like to request size depending on
the height of its text, but only when the height of that text does not exceed 10
lines (or maybe a fixed number of pixels, eg. 200 - it doesn't matter). If the
GtkTextView wants to be larger, I want it to display a vertical
scrollbar. How can I get this behaviour? When I put it in a
GtkScrolledWindow, it is exactly the size of that GtkScrolledWindow
even if it contains 1 or 2 lines of text.

--
Respectful,
 Phil