Re: glib-config issues

Rob O'Connor wrote:

Hi, I've installed the latest version of glib(2.0.3), pango(1.0.2), atk(1.0.2), gtk(2.0.3). I'm currently trying to install gaim 0.58 and I'm getting a glib related error of the following:
when running configure it reports->
checking for glib-config... no
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.5... no
*** The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
*** If GLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to glib-config.
*** GLib is required to build Gaim; please make sure you have the GLib
*** development headers installed. The latest version of GLib is
*** always available at http://www.gtk.org/.
GLIB is installed in /usr/local/lib (as per its default)... I ran a find / -name glib-config which turned up no results.
the glib-config script that this is referencing does not seem to exist...
any ideas?
Thanks

the glib-config script is used in the 1.2.x version of glib/gtk. Your application needs
to be compiled against gtk 1.2, NOT gtk 2.0.x.

You need to install the development packages for gtk 1.2 (either from sources or a package) You can install both versions (1.2 and 2.x) with no problem as 2.0 uses the script pkg-config.

Pascal