Re: [gtkmm] Problem with g_io_channel_read_chars

Hi,

"Andrew E. Makeev" <andrew solvo ru> writes:

> 1. where is described which encodings are legal to use in Glib::convert?

iconv --list gives you a list of known encodings. Note that this list
is not guaranteed to be the same everywhere (depends on the version of
iconv). The common encodings should however be available everywhere.

> 2. how to determine what is current encoding for your connection, or
> where it's derived from?

read the GLib API reference.

> 3. if I used g_locale_to_utf8(), should I remove ptr, that it has
> returned, with g_free()?

read the GLib API reference.

Salut, Sven