Re: Urgent: "draw" signal under gtk-2.0

Hi,

Matteo Frigerio <drhammerit yahoo it> writes:

> I have a big problem: my app use the signal "draw"
> (under gtk-1.2) to draw a rectangle around the widget
> (idea shamelessly stolen from glade) but under gtk-2.0
> there is no more the "draw" signal. What can i do ??

connect to the widget's "expose_event" signal with
g_signal_connect_after() so that your handler is called after the
widget has drawn itself and draw your rectangle in the event handler.
As a trivial optimization you should probably respect the exposed area
and only draw the parts of the rectangle that are inside that area.

Salut, Sven