Re: searching problem...

vyadav cdotd ernet in wrote:
hi all,
          I want to search a perticular word in a text ...
   how can i do it in gtk/gnome....and which widget can i use for it???

Use the text widgets to display your data:

 http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/textwidgetobjects.html

There are lots of useful functions for interacting with the data,
so I recommend a thorough read to see what's available.

Alternatively, to search a C string for another string, see strstr(3).
If you haven't got the manpage on your system then see the following
link:

 http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/man-cgi?strstr+3+NetBSD-current

If you don't know what man pages are, then see the following link:

 http://www.fi.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/man-cgi?man+1+NetBSD-current

Chris

--
chris wareham iosystems co uk (work)