Help about gtk_init and gnome_init

Hello at all the mail list.
I have a small question: if a create a GtkLabel with
text "è" or another char not present in ASCII (like £
or §) the label display nothing.
This appens if i use gtk_init(...). If i try with
gnome_init(..) there is no problem. But i have to
compile my program under win32 and i don't need the
gnome support then i wnat to use gtk_init() instead
gnome_init(). Someone can help me ?

PS: This is indipendent if i use or not the macro
_().

Hello
     Dr Hammer

Scarica il nuovo Yahoo! Messenger: con webcam, nuove faccine e tante altre novità.
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.messenger.yahoo.com/